WE ARE PROUD TO BE CATHOLIC

WE ARE PROUD TO BE CATHOLIC

SPIRITUAL RENEWAL SEMINAR BATCH 3, APRIL 20-22, 2012

SPIRITUAL RENEWAL SEMINAR BATCH 3, APRIL 20-22, 2012
The BEATITUDES...Bro. David Henz Mejia, Bro. Butch Pascual, Sis. Kareen Ann Rodriguez, Sis. Roxane Sumaya, Sis. Frecian May Suyom, Sis. Shalyn Pascual, Sis. Shiela Hornido(not in the picture)

SILVER ANNIVERSARY

SILVER ANNIVERSARY
jULY 14, 2011

SPIRITUAL RENEWAL SEMINAR BATCH 2 April 9-11,2010

SPIRITUAL RENEWAL SEMINAR BATCH 2 April 9-11,2010
NEWLY COMMISSIONED Full pledge Members for Life...Bro. Justin Cadungog, Sis. Alma Urgel, Sis. Ophelia Cortez, Sis. Grace Kandog, Sis. Haynee Baya, Sis. Graziella Cajeta, Sis. Emelyn Castillon, Sis. Yannie Rose Nisnisan, Sis. Joanna Etic

SRS FIRST BATCH APRIL 2-4,2009 FULLPLEDGE MEMBERS

SRS FIRST BATCH APRIL 2-4,2009 FULLPLEDGE MEMBERS
Ready to Make a Difference...

PROUD TO BE A CHSG-ian!!!!!!!!!

Let's Go and Make a Difference!!!

Let Jesus' love shine on...















Friday, February 13, 2009

On Wed, 1/21/09, Larry Duffy wrote:
From: Larry Duffy
Subject: Fr Larry Duffy
To: stevenstormwaterworld@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 12:52 AM

Dear Bong,

What a wonderful surprise to get an email that eventually traces back to you. Thank you for contacting me - after such along time. Indeed I have not forgotten you all there in Cotabato and all the good times we had sharing the word of the Lord. i wonder could you tell me about he members -where they are, that they are doing and how they are.

I have been in Peru for the past two years as the district superior and I miss the Philippines. I went to Cotabto first in 1984 and then was in the Philippines until 1993. From 1993 until 2002 I was in Rome and then came back to Davao. To years ago I came to Peru as district superior and am a bit used to here now. I still miss the Philippines.

My recent news is that I just lost my only brother-in-law, Alan, of my only sibling, Patricia, In fact they visited Cotabato in about 21 years ago. The whole event of Alan’s sickness and death has left a big mark on all the family. He was ill for so long, and the belief that much of his illness (perhaps almost everything) was caused by the medical profession, and in the end including his death, makes it all the harder to take. I am concerned about Patricia as she was so totally engaged in looking after him day and night for the past years, there will be a big void in her life now. But so far so good, after the first days of many tears she seems to has some peace and is well supported by the ‘children’ and good friends. A meeting in Rome in February gives the happy chance to pass some quality days with her and we can also go through our mother’s things – something we never had a chance to do, even though she is almost two years gone.

Anyhow enough of all sad writing. Life for each one has enough troubles. The is not many dull moments in the district house these days as it is summer here, a time when our Marist bishop comes down from Ayacucho for a few weeks to do what he has to do in the capital, and the men come to renew their residence permits etc. So I am playing the host a lot. Today one of the young men who is going to study Scripture in Brazil arrives with his mother and aunt who have come to wave him of on Thursday.

I am also looking after the chapel when Fr Valerio is away and that gets me involved in Masses, sick calls, blessing fire-engines and houses and anything in range! Is it the year of St Paul , and every Wednesday I give a lecture on Paul for a motley group of faithful and they raise all sorts of interesting questions to keep me on my toes and preparing well.

So you can see I am still working with Holy Scripture groups as I did in Cotabato and also in Davao.

I ma looking forward very much to hearing about yourself and the other,

Blessings and thanks for the prayers,

Fr. Larry D

No comments:

Post a Comment